Saturday, February 14, 2015

How fast can you read?

How fast can you read?

When asked that question, my answer isn't exact. My preferred response is, 'It depends'.

I have a rule when it comes to reading: Never finish a book in a day.

My friends do it, both the ones in real life and the ones online.

I have no idea how they do it, especially when books nowadays have so many pages.

However, in the very rare occasion that I do, I find that I didn't enjoy the book at all.

The thing is, when you read too fast, it ends too fast. I don't like that feeling of finality when you finish a book, because it's hard to say goodbye after such a brief and lovely meeting.

So, 'it depends' is definitely more than one day.

But there's more to it. I don't have the time. I find myself reading less and less because TIME. And since I started college two days ago, that means my reading and blogging schedule is going to go even more out of whack.

All of you must be thinking, 'How can you not finish a book in one day when it's so good?'

I can; I just don't want to.

The fastest I've ever read was one and a half day because the book was Divergent by Veronica Roth.

If you don't get what I'm talking about, GO READ THE FREAKING BOOK.

Also, some books are incredibly thick. If you can finish it in one day, bravo!!! *applause*

Another side to 'it depends', can also mean the book was bad.

Yes, it's so bad that you just want to get it over with. You can't wait to get those boring characters' names out of your head. Basically, you just can't wait.

I can DNF it. Just give up. But I usually don't. Everyone says I have the determination of a poor man looking for food and it's true.

If you've read every one of my reviews, you would know that. But let's just assume you don't. (Who would have the time?!)

How fast can you read? Can you read a book in one day? Or does it vary?

No comments:

Post a Comment