Friday, May 23, 2014

Review: The One by Kiera Cass

Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: May 6, 2014
Find on: Goodreads  and Amazon

Quick Review: The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.

Detailed Review: I didn't want to have high hopes for this book, but because it was the final book in a series I really loved, I couldn't help it. I am happy to say that I was not disappointing, well I was mostly not disappointed. The only reason why I was disappointed was because the book was way too darn short!! I just felt like everything was so rushed. And then at the ending I was disappointed, because I wanted to see more of them together. 

For most of the first half of the book, I was annoyed with America. I can't think of anything specific she did that annoyed me, it was just something about her that plucked at my nerves. 

I liked the parts with America and Maxon, though they were kind of all over the place like Katy Perry's Hot and Cold song. One minute it was like "I love you sooo much!" the next it was like "I don't know if I can be with you.." 

The scenes between America and Aspen were also kind of unsatisfactory, and they seemed mostly unnecessary. I felt like they could have just said that they weren't into each other, without all the delays. 

I loved the moments between the girls, they were so sweet and heartwarming. I liked how they became friends, and I was sad to see some of them die. 

Talking about dying, I was ecstatic to see the King die, but I was sad to see the Queen die. The Queen, despite her ignorance was one of the more likable characters, I really enjoyed the scenes with her. 

When all is said and done I was very happy with this happy ending. 


Brief Review: I can't say that this book was perfect, but I feel like it was a pretty good ending, I just wish that things wouldn't have been so rushed. Writing the last book is always difficult and I just want to give the author props, she did a good job!

Final Rating: 4/5 'Great with a few flaws'












Your Reviewer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment