Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx by Linda A. Cadose

Title: The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx
Author: Linda A. Cadose
Publisher: Authorhouse
Release Date: 17th January 2012
Find onGoodreads

Quick Review: American archeologist Dr. Cliff Post and his friend Egyptian archeologist Dr. Abdul Saad discover a hidden chamber in the right paw of the Great Sphinx. Inside they find an ancient supercomputer left there thousands of years ago by ancient aliens. A terrorist group seeks to obtain possession of this supercomputer. The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx is the first in a series featuring the adventures of American archeologist, Dr. Cliff Post. Be sure to read the second in the series, The Underwater Pyramid in the Bermuda Triangle.

Detailed Review: I didn't really have a good first impression of the book when I was first exposed to the story and the cover through a review request from a publicist. It didn't sound YA to me (call it my sixth sense)

I was right, to a certain extent. What I was wrong about, was that twist in the end. I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE. But the author did it. I give her credit for that. This brought my rating up a level. I didn't see that coming. The story was OK, and probably needed a little more excitement and pace to keep the reader's attention going. 

What made me continue reading was the flawless writing- as in, very few grammatical mistakes and spelling mistakes and great choice of words. I am a sucker for those. I could feel the potential behind the words; they just needed a much better outlet than the story in The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx. The setting was also a very important key. It was good to have the story set in somewhere common, which I found a bit mainstream. The last one, was that the author wrote the book based on real facts (characters were imaginary but the hidden chamber exists) and to me, it seems quite hard to write a story based on real facts because I end up going off the topic.

The characters probably needed a little more depth but it didn't mean that I couldn't connect with them. I especially found Matt an entertaining character with his enthusiasm and energy. 

So overall, I think that The Hiddem Chamber in the Great Sphinx was a good debut. I'm hoping for a better story next time!

Brief Review: Linda's efforts in trying to engage the reader doesn't go unnoticed, from facts about Egypt to the theory that aliens actually built the Pyramids of Giza. She has potential to become a great writer and I hope to read more of her works! I'd love to read more of her the flawless writing and unique settings again!

Final Rating: 4/5 'Really Liked It'
Your Reviewer:

No comments:

Post a Comment