Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

All Our YesterdaysTitle: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Release Date: 3rd September 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Find on: Goodreads

Quick Review: "You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside. 

Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was. 


All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications of our every choice.


Detailed Review: <<ARC received from NetGalley>>

Good morning ladies and gentleman, I'm here to make a speech about how much I loved All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. Please ignore the exclamations, informal language and sudden outbursts

I was so happy my request for this book got approved that I literally jumped up and down on my bed! I'd heard so many good things about it and I was about to read it!

And the truth was, IT WAS AMAZING. No, even better than amazing. Even after reading this book, I was still traumatized and even until now I can't stop thinking about it. This is the impact All Our Yesterdays on my life. I loved the characters and the story so so much. They seem so real you can imagine you're them. You'll imagine yourself running, time-traveling, falling in love... 

I had some mixed feelings about the ending in the book. In a way it was quite good, but to be honest, it seemed tragic to me. As for the plot, I have nothing to say. No words can describe it. Too many turns and twists that will keep the pages turning. AND the characters OMG I think I have to stop writing now for fear of spoiling the book. I am on the verge on revealing the who the characters are.  SOMEONE STOP ME.  LET's JUST SAY THE CHARACTERS' STORIES IN THE BOOK WILL CONVERGE TOGETHER BUT IN A REALLY SPECIAL WAY. People who have read this book, you know what I mean. I really loved the author describing time travel in such a way that it almost makes you afraid and curious when it is mentioned. 

I really hope you will enjoy the book as much as I did. And I love and hate Cristin Terrill for that. 

Thank you. *bows*

Brief Review: Everyone, drop the Time Traveller's Wife and other time travel books. THIS is what you're looking for. Filled with romance, action and heartbreak, this book will intrigue readers and keep them turning the pages. Overall, an awesome debut for Cristin!

Final Rating:  6/5 'Atrociously Amazing, Absolutely Amazing, and Awesome'










QUOTE:

This is what I imagine the doctor would say about his time machine,

 Time has been transformed, and we have changed; it has advanced and set us in motion; it has unveiled its face; inspiring us with bewilderment and exhilaration---Khalil Gibran

Your Reviewer:





3 comments:

  1. Great review x] I would love to buy it someday xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book and after reading your review I am even more excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is so powerful and captivating. Plus, I find the story interesting! :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete