Saturday, June 8, 2013

Review: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
Title: The Reckoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: 6th April 2010
Publisher: Orbit
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

Quick Review: Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.


Detailed Review: This is what happens when you've read all three books consecutively in a trilogy.

First book: Ummm... Sounds good! I want more! On to the sequel now!

Second book: Ahhhhh!!! Gimme more!!! Amazing!

Third book: BOOM BOOM BOOM. All the amazingness of the book explodes into your face.

This practically sums up how I reacted while reading the Darkest Powers trilogy. And my thoughts the whole time was:

WOW THIS IS SO FRAKING AMAZING. BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO END THIS WAY?!? AND IS THERE GONNA BE A FOURTH BOOK? PLEASE SAY YESSSSSS!

And yes, the flower of romance in this book has finally bloomed. And it sure is beautiful. But what you shouldn't look at is just the love but the story. How can I describe the story? It's just tooooo good. So so good. Amazing.

And I think Chloe can enter the list of Best Heroine of All Time. She's brave and cares for people. And as Tori says, 'too nice'. But being too nice is better than being nothing at all. I mean, when you are faced with danger and conspiracies every time you think it's safe and when your normal life is gone, it's a great feat that you manage to survive in the end. That's the characteristics of a good heroine. I've got to thank the author for that.

I really really wanna ask Kelley if she's gonna write a fourth book for this series. But it's been 4 years!!! I get the feeling that the answer is...

NO.

Yup, I know it's sad but,,,














Isn't life unfair?

*Sigh*

AND I'M ON TEAM DEREK!!! SOMEONE JOIN ME! 'WAVING RED FLAG WITH A WOLF ON IT*

Brief Review: This was a refreshing read for me as the author's writing once again keeps me hooked all the way. There wasn't a time where I wasn't paralysed by fear for the characters. Kelley's writing is like a magic wand ready to whisk you away to a land where dangers lurk.

Final Rating:
5/5 'Totally Amazing!'









           
  QUOTE:

I want Chloe to know this (who always ignores her inner voice),

Listen to your intuition. It will tell you everything you need to know----Anthony J. D'Angelo


Your Reviewer:





No comments:

Post a Comment