Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Fragments by Dan Wells

Fragments (Partials, #2)Title: Fragments
Author: Dan Wells
Release Date: 26th February 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Find on: Goodreads

Quick Review: Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed.

The second installment in the pulse-pounding Partials saga is the story of the eleventh hour of humanity's time on Earth, a journey deep into places unknown to discover the means—and even more important, a reason—for our survival.



Detailed Review: Ok. Long story short. This book was... It was... It was just... Oh my god. I don't know what to say. It was just asd;flkjadflkjaposiu AMAZING. I'm on the verge on a mental breakdown. See what this book has done to me? SEE?!? After reading Partials, I did get a good impression of the author and we even interviewed the author! Yes, we interviewed the famous Dan Wells! (You should already know that if you're a loyal fan of us, which I highly doubt that some of you are *grim smile*)

This book was so action-packed the whole time. And I promise NO SPOILERS. No spoilers just for once! Are you happy? It was just BOOM! Hard on the face. I never thought that this book would keep me so energized but it did. This book was a... It was a... Sorry guys another breakdown. It was an AWESOME book that is so packed with action. And have I told you how THICK the book is? A freaking 584 pages. ALL FILLED WITH ACTION. I promise you. This is an awesome thriller that will always keep you on your toes.

And did I mention the twists? Yes the twists! They're ones to die for! You find yourself heading left and then you suddenly stumble upon something which makes you turn right! And warning: this is a constant feeling you'll get while reading this book. But it's not something you should miss. Take my advice. I'm the wise one here.

Now the saddest part of all: THAT FREAKING CLIFFHANGER.  I can't believe this book just decided to break my heart. ALL OF YOU KNOW HOW I HATE CLIFFHANGERS AND THIS GOT ME SO PISSED. 

And guys, there is romance, but it's called Partial romance, not human romance. And it's at the end. So summon up all your patience and you'll get a reward at the end *thumbs up*.

You can find our interview with Dan Wells here.
You can find my review of Partials, the first book in the saga, here.

Brief Review: This book is just too amazing to say in words. It was overall awesomely done, and just everything was flawless. The plot for once was so intricately done, with the finest detail done to perfection, it just makes me love Dan Wells even more. Science-fiction, thriller and suspense fans, this is definitely a must for you TBR.

Final Rating: 5/5 (Make that a 6) 'Awesome, Amazing and even more Amazingness'










QUOTE: 
To the scientists who invented the Partials

All things are artificial, for nature is the art of God-----Thomas Browne


Your Reviewer:










3 comments:

  1. The cover caught my eye and your review convinced me - definitely need to check this series out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I just fixed it! The link will directly link you to the book's page! Sorry! Thanks for saying!

      Delete